Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Handmade Jewelry from ArtisanBooth.com

When I was just on vacation to Singapore, I had a revelation: aromatherapy really works. I spent most of my time in the beautiful parks and gardens in the country, and I really think that they made me a new woman! I feel revived after the trip, from all the peonies, azaleas, and cherry blossoms I'm sure!

Another thing that I feel I've stumbled upon is handmade jewelry. They have tons of really cool outdoor markets there, and they are safe! I know in Mexico and Argentina I always felt sort of in danger, and was afraid of pickpocketing because it's a very real problem there, but in Singapore it's safe. Now, when I was there one of the vendors that I met while researching my project directed me toward artisanbooth.com for their own selection of handmade jewelry. I had been asking where I could find all that great stuff once I left the country, and now I feel she was right. I've found a lifelong resource for jewelry, including rings, bangles, headbands, bracelets, necklaces, and pendants!

The added benefit to using that site over similar sites like etsy.com is that artisanbooth.com is a trusted namebrand and there's no dealing with the hundreds of individual vendors that can be a headache. Not to mention when you deal directly with so many people, you're paying for shipping over and over again, whereas artisanbooth will absorb the cost of the shipping many times over. They really care about customer service there.

And just one other note about handmade jewelry--I am a hipster so I feel like I can say this without irony, but I love having stuff that other people don't have. I love knowing that my stuff is original and won't be seen on everybody else in the mall. After all, in this day and age we're all branding ourselves, so why not put the best brand forward!

By the way, this is my favorite piece that I found: artisanbooth.com/accessories-main/women/jewelry/english/accessories/women/65-jewelry/141/P160-pastel-pink-stone-ring

No comments:

Post a Comment